Smart Data Solutions provides full mailroom capabilities. A majority of our scanning is performed in St. Paul, Minnesota, however, we also offer the option of opening mailroom facilities in other locations per customer request.
Smart Data Solutions provides full mailroom capabilities. A majority of our scanning is performed in St. Paul, Minnesota, however, we also offer the option of opening mailroom facilities in other locations per customer request. Mailroom services include the following:
- Mail Receipt
- Document Preparation
- Scanning (SDS ScanRite Scanner Control Software)
- Automated Document Control Number Assignment
- Bates Stamping
- Integrated Quality Control
- Backlit X-ray Scanning
- Reject Processing
- Reject Categorization and Associated Work Queues
- Routing of Misdirected "White Mail"
- Eligibility and Claim Form Return
- Automated Cover Letter Generation (Notes all Reject Reasons)
- Automated Sort and Aggregation by Mailing Address
- HIPAA Compliant Document Destruction
Smart Data Solutions mailroom services offer real time inventory and workflow tracking, ensuring efficient, accurate and timely process management. Our proprietary Mailroom Accountability and Control System (MACS) provides the foundation for these services. At a high level, MACS provides three major functions:
- Dashboard tracking of all mailroom activities including process alerts
- Accountability and performance monitoring for all human processes
- Automation of routine management functions
Mail Sort Capabilities
We are able to process any mailroom sort as designated by the client. Our most complex client conducts over 170 claim sorts. Although they are a special case, we are able to handle their needs. Note that many times we are able to automate the sorts on the back end through data based sorts. Mailroom employees do not leave for the day until production is complete.
Another mailroom service to consider is the processing of "white mail" (other documents received at the PO Box, such as doctors notes, collateral and correspondence.) White-mail can be sorted by Smart Data staff prior to return or scan. Clients often categorize how they would like white-mail sorted and scanned and then set-up work queues so that client personnel can enter the system and process the white-mail accordingly. All of these processes and decisions are discussed during the implementation.
Form Types we Process
- Medical Claims
- Dental Claims
- Rx Claims
- Non-Standard Claims
- Secondary Claims (EOB/EOMB)
- Flexible Spending Account Reimbursements
- Roster Billing
- Enrollment Applications
Custom Document Processing & Associated Workflow
We have developed customized interfaces that enable data capture for any form type. This is complemented by our "ScanRite" scanner control software that enables categorization and scanning of non-standard forms. Custom forms typically require a unique workflow; to that end we provide workflow tools that include, but are not limited to, the below features:
- Hitching to a claim
- Routing to queues based on absence of presence of data
- Reject processing including routing automated printing/email/fax with associated reject letter
- Form pending
- Automated fax receipt
We follow the adage "If you can not measure it you can not manage it." To that end, all workflow systems include user productivity and quality reports. In addition, our workflow solutions support self administration such as the addition and deletion of users.