Apply For Job
Smart Data Solutions, a leading provider of data management, claim routing, and workflow solutions to health plans and TPAs, is looking for a strong finance professional to join our Finance team.
The Accounts Receivable Lead will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient accounts receivable operations. This individual will report to and work directly with the Sr. Director, Financial Accounting and Control, and will lead accounts receivable activities, systems, and processes within a fast-paced, growing organization.
What you’ll be doing?
- Lead and perform invoicing process and liaison with billing team on automation efforts
- Lead and handle day-to-day accounts receivable operations including collections, payment posting and application, credit memo application, account reconciliations, and adjustments
- Build a world-class accounts receivable team, including developing and mentoring staff
- Drive the monthly AR close process including reconciliation of AR sub-ledger to GL
- Publish monthly receivable data including KPIs, metrics, and analysis of fluxes
- Continue to develop and implement policies and procedures to scale with the business
- Work closely with accounting on related receivable tasks and projects including information requests during financial audits
- Implement or enhance (where necessary) accounts receivable systems, processes, and reporting
What we’re looking for?
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or similar emphasis preferred
- 4+ years of accounts receivable/accounting experience in a fast-growing, global environment
- Experience leading a team and implementing process improvements
- The ability to be hands-on, organized and detail-oriented
- Strong Excel skills and comfort with large data sets
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Action-orientation and ability to consistently complete assigned tasks on time
- Experience with Quickbooks and ERP systems such as NetSuite or Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
Why this is the company for you?
Top Benefits & Perks:
- A company culture that is authentic and values teamwork, humility, and fairness! We work hard for our customers and have fun along the way!
- Professional development and growth-oriented workplace
- Generous benefits including, health insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years
- Work-life balance with a competitive paid time off package; including vacation, holiday, and a floating day
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
For over 20 years, Smart Data Solutions has been partnering with leading payer organizations to provide automation and technology solutions enabling data standardization and workflow automation. The company brings a comprehensive set of turn-key services to handle all claims and claims-related information regardless of format (paper, fax, electronic), digitizing and normalizing for seamless use by payer clients. Solutions include intelligent data capture, conversion and digitization, mailroom management, comprehensive clearinghouse services, and proprietary workflow offerings. SDS’ headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN with 300+ employees and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 420 healthcare organizations as clients, including a number of Blues plans, large regional health plans, and leading independent TPAs, handling over 500 million transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS has also invested meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results.
SDS recently partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Smart Data Solutions is located in Eagan, MN. This position is required to primarily be in the office initially, with the potential to work from home periodically going forward.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or another legally protected status.