Apply For Job
JMS and Associates, a Smart Data Solutions Company, is a Business Process Co-sourcing company based in Farmington Hills, Michigan. We are subject-matter experts building customized solutions for our clients across the entire life cycle of a healthcare claim.
Our growing company is seeking individuals to join our high-volume call center team. Preferred candidates must have at least 2-years of experience in medical and dental benefits, insurance eligibility and verification, health care claims information, and payments.
What you will be doing?
- Providing accurate, information to incoming Provider and member callers regarding claim status, member eligibility, benefits and coverage levels related to Medical and Dental Plans.
- Efficiently accessing various claims processing systems and related applications to research and resolve claim or eligibility inquiries and issues.
- Effectively navigate multiple computer windows to access several databases in a proficient manner.
- Handling all callers with efficiency, courtesy, and respect.
- Meeting daily metric goals and monthly audits.
What we’re looking for?
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) years high-volume call center experience.
- Two (2) years Healthcare Industry / Health Insurance experience related to Medical and Dental Plan benefits.
- One (1) year medical claim experience.
- Post-High School education, or equivalent experience.
Qualities and Behaviors:
- Ability to retain information and learn new systems quickly.
- Strong computer knowledge and excellent typing skills at least 50 wpm.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers, managers, and co-workers.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Commitment to strong attendance.
- Strong desire to exceed expectations.
Why this is the company for you?
Top Benefits & Perks:
- Qualifying Bonus and Incentive Plan.
- Generous benefits include short-term disability as well as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future for your retirement.
- Professional development and growth-oriented workplace.
- Work-life balance with a competitive time off package; including paid volunteer time, PTO, holidays, and a floating day.
- Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour.
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
Smart Data Solutions is a technology vendor that brings 22 years of healthcare experience using intelligence and automation to extract data from front-office mailroom operations. Today, the company is expanding out from its front office focus and targeting its open-source automation and AI engines toward the entire healthcare operations value chain. One of the key benefits of working with Smart Data Solutions is their specialized approach to data capture and automation. Smart Data Solutions takes a comprehensive approach to image and document processing, using multiple engines and hundreds of thousands of lines of code to ensure accuracy and make sense of data. Smart Data Solutions has also invested heavily in EDI interoperability, with clearinghouse capabilities that enable them to pivot towards providing value-added services. Using the data they have collected, they are able to offer population health insights to clients, helping them make informed decisions about their largest areas of spending and identifying potential opportunities for cost savings.
Smart Data Solutions’ global headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN with 400+ employees and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 500 healthcare organizations as clients, including multiple Blue Cross Blue Shield state plans, regional health plans, and TPAs, handling over 2 billion transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS plans to continue investments into meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results.
SDS has partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital Partners, and the Blue Venture Fund, a unique collaboration among Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Smart Data Solutions acquired JMS and Associates in Q3 of 2022. The combination of both SDS’ and JMS’ tech-enabled solutions will bring greater operational efficiency through automation to various markets across the healthcare industry. We are able to provide a greater product suite, allowing us to broaden the scope of our solutions to solve more business challenges for our clients and across the industry.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time remote position.
Employees are given a set 8-hour shift between the hours 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time – Monday through Friday, as defined by the specific client campaign.
Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US.
- Reliable access to strong Internet connection.
- Secure, private workspace.
Smart Data Solutions is located in Eagan, MN.
JMS and Associates, A Smart Data Solutions Company, is located in Farmington Hills, MI.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal-opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or another legally protected status.