Smart Data Solutions is a rapidly growing company that manages healthcare claims transactions. Our services have helped nearly 400 healthcare payers, providers and networks across the US reduce costs, decrease turnaround time, improve payment accuracy, and increase process capability and control. We achieve these benefits by leveraging our IT and claims expertise – specifically, by streamlining and automating client transaction management.
Smart Data Solutions is seeking a qualified individual to maintain and build its information security and operational compliance program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executing regular internal security and operational audits
- Creating and maintaining policy and procedure documentation
- Facilitating regular SOC 2 and HITRUST third-party audits
- Fielding customer security inquiries and questionnaires
- Managing vendor compliance, including qualifying new vendors and regularly auditing existing vendors
- Knowledge of information security programs
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Time Management
- At least 2 years’ experience with information security program management
- Familiarity or certification with information security concepts and best practices
- Experience with SOC 2 and/or HITRUST or similar audit processes
- Ability to write clear and accurate policy and procedure documentation
Full-time position. Monday – Friday. Work hours outside of normal office hours may be required to meet deadlines, attend events, etc. Some travel may be required.
Salaried based on qualifications.
Generous benefits including health and dental insurance, 401k with an employer match, long-term and short-term disability and paid-time off.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to protected health information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Smart Data Solutions. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offense.
Security roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies;
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
- Executing particular security processes or activities;
- Ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken;
- Reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization