Apply For Job
Do you see compliance as a key function for business improvement? Are you passionate about complex problem-solving and enjoy building innovative compliance solutions?
Smart Data Solutions, the leading provider of data management, is looking for a Compliance Manager who will be accountable for helping SDS with the greatest data and operational security levels.
What you’ll be doing?
- Measuring and reporting on company-wide compliance, policies, and procedures.
- Facilitating external audits with sample gathering, narrative preparation, and questionnaire responses.
- Ensuring SDS maintains compliance with the HITRUST security framework and advice departments when security questions arise, escalating to the CEO, CIO, or COO when necessary.
- Maintaining the compliance calendar by adding new items as needs arise and ensuring that compliance activities are timely executed and logged.
- Assisting the Compliance Specialist with security and operational audits.
- Preparing compliance reports and presenting them to their supervisor.
- Comprehending and reviewing existing policies and procedures and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Facilitating third-party audits and assessments and ensuring SDS vendors and contractors continue to meet our security standards.
- Conducting training and awareness on best practices and SDS policy and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for?
- 1+ years of audit and compliance-related experience
- 2+ years of MIS, accounting, or similar audit-related degree
- Experience with information security compliance is a plus!
- Strong organization and task discipline
- Proficient in information and statistical analysis
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to work independently
- Ability to be objective and fair
Why this is the company for you?
Benefits & Perks:
- A company culture that is authentic and values teamwork, humility, and fairness! We work hard for our customers and have fun along the way!
- Professional development and a growth-oriented workplace
- Generous benefits including, health insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years
- Work-life balance with a competitive paid time off package; including vacation, holiday, and a floating day
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
Smart Data Solutions is a leading provider of data management, claim routing, and workflow solutions to health plans and TPAs. Today, more than 400 healthcare organizations rely on Smart Data Solutions for the automation of intake, data capture, and front-end workflows across the claims management process. Smart Data recently partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or another legally protected status
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to protected health information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Smart Data Solutions. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offense.
Security roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference
- Executing particular security processes or activities
- Ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken
- Reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization
Candidates will be subject to background screening and drug testing prior to hire.