Apply For Job
As a Customer Account Manager with Smart Data Solutions, you will be responsible for creating a connection with our customer base and also seeking new customers. The candidate’s primary focuses will be to initiate new business by calling current customers, schedule appointments, holding QBRs, and finding new opportunities within the account. This dual position works with the Sales & Marketing staff to grow new business focused in the healthcare payer/provider markets serving all lines of business and will also be expected to call into new prospect accounts with the goal of obtaining new business.
The qualified candidate should be a self-starter and able to work independently, prioritize and multitask; must be able to skillfully manage and adhere to multiple, simultaneous deadlines. Support a team environment with a positive, can-do attitude. Previous experience in HubSpot, healthcare technology, and/or calling into accounts is a major plus but not required if you are eager to learn and are looking for a new challenge.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate new business by calling current customers, schedule appointments, holding QBRs, and find new opportunities.
- Have a strong fundamental understanding of the Healthcare industry and internal claims processes.
- Understand the fundamentals of each type of claim payer such as Medicare, TPA, PPO, HMO.
- Research the customer, their business, and industry in advance of appointments.
- Recognize all aspects of the claims adjudication processes.
- Identify and be familiar with industry trends.
- Be both conversant and perceptive when talking to decision-makers.
- Ability to draw parallels between various payers in order to provide insight to customers.
- Ability to articulate how SDS processes help resolve current challenges.
- On all upsell opportunities, know the following:
- Who, What, When, Why, Where, How, Goal
- Recognition of new opportunities for consideration.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; performing follow-ups to sales calls; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with customers. (Listen to and show empathy for their concerns.)
- Learn the business and be able to consultatively sell to a customer
- When you haven’t seen a customer for a period of time, you should be able to discuss previous discussions and ask insightful questions regarding their current and future processes.
- Display industry knowledge and build credibility.
- Engage with our customers through the implementation process to help ensure they are happy with the work being performed
- Email clients to solicit sign-off for projects
- Make outbound calls to solicit sign-off for projects
- Follow a set process once sign-off has been returned
- Work with Solutions Engineers
- Determine customers’ needs and assist in preparing SOWs to sell services that address those needs.
- Find, prepare, submit RFPs ensuring the standard responses are altered to accommodate the specific needs of the client.
- Guide online demonstrations to customers in order to handle objections.
- Negotiate contracts and update accordingly
- Internal Communication
- Participate as a Sales Team Member – share information, divide tasks, perform on time.
- Communication of industry findings to other salespersons.
- Communication of critical needs, progress, and opportunities to Executives.
- Keep an ongoing list of all activity to communicate during 1×1 with your manager
- Work with Executive Team and Implementation Managers to maintain relationships with current clients to ensure things are running smoothly
- Be able to write grammatically correct sentences in the correspondences sent out to clients and prospects.
- Capability to communicate at an executive level.
- Projecting and forecasting expected sales volume.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Achieves sales operational objectives by contributing sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing actions plans; implementing production; productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends.
- Frugality for business travel expenses – the ability to load up appointments in conjunction with any travel.
- Keeping CRM Database (HubSpot) current
- Adding new contacts
- Add/Update emails and phone numbers
- Add/Update status and customized fields
- Update contacts that move companies/retire
- “Deactivate” bad contacts
- Merge or update accordingly
- Protect the company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Working with the Marketing staff
- Understand and execute ongoing campaigns
- Ensure workflows are current and included in SOWs
- Ensure all contacts have proper tags (ensures prospects receive ongoing marketing materials)
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve sales targets
- Confident, self-driven, dynamic
- Excellent time management and leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- Territory management
- Presentation skills
- Product knowledge
- College education preferred with a business background
- Minimum 0-2 years sales/account management experience
Full-time position. Monday – Friday. Work hours outside of normal office hours may be required to meet deadlines, attend events, etc. Some travel may be required.
Salaried depending on qualifications. Generous benefits including health insurance, 401k with an employer match, long-term and short-term disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunities. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to protected health information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Smart Data Solutions. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offense.
Security roles and responsibilities include:
- implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies;
- protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference;
- executing particular security processes or activities;
- ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken;
- reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization