Apply For Job
Smart Data Solutions is a rapidly growing company that manages healthcare claims transactions. Our services have helped nearly 400 healthcare payers, providers, and networks across the US reduce costs, decrease turnaround time, improve payment accuracy, and increase process capability and control. We achieve these benefits by leveraging our IT and claims expertise – specifically, by streamlining and automating client transaction management.
Smart Data Solutions is seeking a qualified individual to help with provider (and payer) customer interactions. This role is evolving since Customer Service ticketing will only take up approx. 50% of employees time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Engage with our provider customers via HubSpot Service (ticketing system) and inbound/outbound calls regarding billing issues, product problems, service questions, and general client concerns.
- Support Clearinghouse tickets. Receiving, researching, prioritizing, summarizing, forwarding to appropriate areas, and responding to customer requests within department SLAs
- Respond to all email messages for customers seeking help
- Support provider functions and sign-ups
- Handle any incoming and outgoing phone calls in a help desk environment
- Occupy and/or identify back-up for handling help desk calls
- Independently address and resolve lower to mid-level tickets
- Learning more difficult tickets to easily triage problems alone
- Updating the CSS handbook with new information when necessary
- Follow-up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved in a timely manner (acknowledging all tickets by 4:45 pm daily)
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller
- Updating the database (HubSpot) with client information when necessary
- Support other clearinghouse/SDS activities as assigned
- Prioritize tasks accordingly and follow through to completion
- Involve others and schedule time as needed to complete tasks
- Manage work schedule accordingly and avoid any delays of assigned tasks and expectations
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner prior to assigned due dates
Engage with our payer customers through the customer journey to help ensure they are happy with the work being performed.
- Email clients to solicit sign-off for projects
- Make outbound calls to solicit sign-off for projects
- Follow process once sign-off has been returned
- Update HubSpot (CRM) with new information
- Filter through the duplicate contacts/companies
- Merge or update accordingly
Other items that may be part of this role….
- Updating customer documentation
- Outbound calling to providers on behalf of our customers
- Analyzing customer survey results
- Analyzing incoming ticket type trends
- PO Box set up/closure/renewal assistance
- Oral and Written Communication
- Time Management
- Experience interacting with external customers
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal skills, and telephone etiquette
- Friendly personality that enjoys assisting both colleagues and customers
- Strong organization, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Able to accurately follow written technical work instructions
- Some understanding of technical languages, databases, and environments (HubSpot – our ticketing system)
Full-time position. Monday – Friday. Work hours outside of normal office hours may be required to meet deadlines, attend events, etc. Some travel may be required.
Starting at $34,000. Salaried based on qualifications.
Generous benefits including health and dental insurance, 401k with an employer match, long-term and short-term disability, and paid time off.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to protected health information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Smart Data Solutions. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offense.
Security roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference
- Executing particular security processes or activities
- Ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken
- Reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization