Apply For Job
About Smart Data Solutions
Smart Data Solutions (“Smart Data”), is a leading provider of data management, claim routing, and workflow solutions to health plans and TPAs. Today, more than 400 healthcare organizations rely on Smart Data for the automation of intake, data capture, and front-end workflows across the claims management process. Smart Data Solutions recently partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Role and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sell into health plan and TPA prospects, targeting C-level executives, directors and/or managers (as applicable) to promote solutions provided by Smart Data that improve the efficiency and reduce the operational complexity of claims management
- Establish a lead development approach for target markets/customer accounts through the use of existing company resources (i.e., CRM, marketing, etc.) as well as personal industry connections
- Develop a pipeline of qualified prospects and engage in a consultative sales process with them, identifying business needs and product requirements and determining recommended solutions to secure new business
- Meet and/or exceed assigned annual new bookings quotas and all related performance objectives
- Develop and maintain industry and product knowledge, adapt to changes in the market, participate in national/regional conferences, drive overall brand awareness, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years healthcare sales experience selling outsourced services and technology solutions to payers
- Strong prospecting skills – bringing outbound orientation to identify and pursue opportunities in target markets
- Proven track record of successful solution-oriented selling, meeting and exceeding assigned quotas
- Superior communication skills (both internally and with external parties/clients) and a team-oriented approach to selling
- Based anywhere in the continental United States with access to an airport for required travel, including for sales training and other meetings at company headquarters in Eagan, MN
Full-time position. Monday – Friday. Work hours outside of normal office hours may be required to meet deadlines, attend events, etc. Some travel may be required.
Salaried depending on qualifications. Generous benefits include health insurance, 401k with an employer match, long-term and short-term disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunities. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to protected health information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Smart Data Solutions. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offense.
Security roles and responsibilities include:
- implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies;
- protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference;
- executing particular security processes or activities;
- ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken;
- reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization
Federal Covid Vaccination Mandate
SDS is subject to the Federal Covid Vaccination Mandate due to our status as a Federal Sub-Contractor. The mandates dictates that we implement the below policies:
- All US employees must have received their second vaccination of Moderna or Pfizer or the one shot of Johnson & Johnson by January 4, 2022.
- These requirements apply to all remote employees, even if you never work in an SDS facility.
- Proof of vaccination must be received by 1/4/22.
- If an employee does not meet the vaccination requirements, they must provide a negative test every week at their own expense.
- If neither of those requirements are met, the employee will not be allowed to work until they are compliant and failure to comply may result in termination.