Apply For Job
Smart Data Solutions is a rapidly growing company that manages healthcare claims transactions. Our services have helped nearly 400 healthcare payers, providers, and networks across the US reduce costs, decrease turnaround time, improve payment accuracy, and increase process capability and control. We achieve these benefits by leveraging our IT and claims expertise – specifically, by streamlining and automating client transaction management.
JMS and Associates, a Smart Data Solutions company, is seeking qualified individuals to help with provider (and payer) customer interactions. This role is evolving since Customer Service ticketing will only take up approx. 50% of employees’ time.
What you’ll be doing:
Providing Customer Service:
Engage with our provider customers via HubSpot Service (ticketing system) and inbound/outbound calls regarding billing issues, product problems, service questions, and general client concerns.
- Support Clearinghouse tickets. Receiving, researching, prioritizing, summarizing, forwarding to appropriate areas, and responding to customer requests within department SLAs
- Respond to all email messages for customers seeking help
- Support provider functions and sign-ups
- Handle any incoming and outgoing phone calls in a help desk environment
- Occupy and/or identify a backup for handling help desk calls
- Independently address and resolve lower to mid-level tickets
- Learning more difficult tickets to easily triage problems alone
- Updating the CSS handbook with new information when necessary
- Follow-up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved in a timely manner (acknowledging all tickets by 4:45 pm daily)
- Maintain a high level of professionalism with clients and work to establish a positive rapport with every caller
- Updating the database (HubSpot) with client information when necessary
- Support other clearinghouse/SDS activities as assigned
- Prioritize tasks accordingly and follow through to completion
- Involve others and schedule time as needed to complete tasks
- Manage work schedule accordingly and avoid any delays of assigned tasks and expectations
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner prior to assigned due dates
Contributing to Customer Success:
Engage with our payer customers through the customer journey to help ensure they are happy with the work being performed.
- Email clients to solicit sign-off for projects
- Make outbound calls to solicit sign-off for projects
- Follow the process once sign-off has been returned
- Update HubSpot (CRM) with new information
- Filter through the duplicate contacts/companies
- Merge or update accordingly
Other responsibilities that may be part of this role….
- Updating customer documentation
- Outbound calling to providers on behalf of our customers
- Analyzing customer survey results
- Analyzing incoming ticket type trends
- PO Box set up/closure/renewal assistance
What we’re looking for:
Qualities and Behaviors:
- Professional demeanor and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers, managers, and co-workers – both verbally and in written format.
- Organizes and manages priorities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to retain information, follow written technical instructions, and learn new systems quickly.
- Familiarity with technical languages, databases, and environments (HubSpot – our ticketing system)
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude and a desire to exceed expectations.
Why this is the company for you:
Top Benefits & Perks:
- Qualifying Bonus and Incentive Plan.
- Generous benefits include short-term disability as well as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future for your retirement.
- Professional development and growth-oriented workplace.
- Work-life balance with a competitive time off package; including paid volunteer time, PTO, holidays, and a floating day.
- Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour.
This is a full-time position with remote and hybrid options.
Hybrid Schedule applies to candidates residing in the Eagan, MN area.
- Work-from-Home on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- In-office attendance on Wednesdays
Fully Remote option is available to candidates residing outside the commuting area.
- Reliable access to a strong Internet connection.
- Secure, private workspace.
Smart Data Solutions is located in Eagan, MN.
JMS and Associates, a Smart Data Solutions company, is located in Farmington Hills, MI.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal-opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or another legally protected status.
Candidates will be subject to background screening and drug testing prior to hire.