Smart Data Solutions is seeking an experienced and talented system administrator to lead a small team and be responsible for the performance, availability, and capacity of our IT infrastructure. The scope of the infrastructure includes two data center locations, our main headquarters and mail processing facility, and three satellite offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the following,
- Database systems
- Storage area network
- Endpoint management
- Server and workstation provisioning and configuration
- Help desk and ticketing
This is a leadership position. The candidate must be experienced and comfortable delegating, assigning action items, and holding team members accountable for performance.
- Competent using Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills
- Ability to rapidly complete a diverse set of tasks
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Time Management
- MySQL database administration
- Windows and Active Directory domain administration
- Linux server environment administration
- IP networking with Cisco equipment
- Common protocols such as SMTP, HTTPS, DNS, IPSec, IGMP, TLS, etc.
- Java programming
- 4+ years of experience preferred
Full-time position. Monday – Friday. Work hours outside of normal office hours may be required to meet deadlines, attend events, etc. Some travel may be required.
Salaried based on qualifications.
Generous benefits including health and dental insurance, 401k with an employer match, long-term and short-term disability and paid-time off.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
All employees are required to maintain confidentiality as related to protected health information. Employees are required to follow the acceptable use policy while using any information systems owned or controlled by Smart Data Solutions. Any disclosures of confidential information made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offense.
Security roles and responsibilities include:
- Implementing and acting in accordance with the organization’s information security policies;
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference;
- Executing particular security processes or activities;
- Ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken;
- Reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization