Apply For Job
Do you enjoy working on a broad range of accounting tasks with a collaborative team? Are you action-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment where problem-solving, analysis, and initiative are required?
Smart Data Solutions, a leading provider of data management, claims routing, and workflow solutions to health plans and TPAs, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Finance team.
What you’ll be doing?
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconcile accounts
- Summarize data entry partner (DEP) spend activity and reconcile calculations to support payments
- Responsible for payroll accounting entries and reporting
- Fixed asset reporting and liaison with external auditors
- Calculate 3rd party royalty payments
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for Statement of Work (SOW) signature and billing in QuickBooks
- Apply customer payments to accounts in QuickBooks and assist with reconciling and preparing checks for EZ Deposit
- Monitor AR aging and resolve delinquent accounts
- PO Box recordkeeping – ensure all PO Boxes are updated in QuickClaim, billed appropriately, and reconciled with the Post Office
- Gain necessary approvals and input accounts payable invoices
- Responsible for review of monthly corporate credit card statements, ensuring all receipts are on file and expenses recorded
- Calculate and files sales and use tax
- Month-end operational reporting for mailroom, clearinghouse, and data entry functions
- Cost center reporting and distribution for the management team
- Assists with outside accountants to provide all necessary documentation for year-end financial reviews and audits
- Assist Finance team on ad-hoc projects as required
What we’re looking for?
- 4-year degree in accounting or related coursework
- Prior accounting or related experience is a plus
- Microsoft Office products; strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software is a plus
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Prompt communication responsiveness
- Ability to comprehend and follow written policies, procedures, and directions
- Action-orientation and ability to consistently complete assigned tasks on time
Why this is the company for you?
Top Benefits & Perks:
- A company culture that is authentic and values teamwork, humility, and fairness! We work hard for our customers and have fun along the way!
- A professional development and growth-oriented workplace
- Generous benefits including, health insurance, short-term, and long-term disability
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years
- Work-life balance with a competitive paid time off package; including vacation, holiday, and a floating day
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
For over 20 years, Smart Data Solutions has been partnering with leading payer organizations to provide automation and technology solutions enabling data standardization and workflow automation. The company brings a comprehensive set of turn-key services to handle all claims and claims-related information regardless of format (paper, fax, electronic), digitizing and normalizing for seamless use by payer clients. Solutions include intelligent data capture, conversion and digitization, mailroom management, comprehensive clearinghouse services, and proprietary workflow offerings. SDS’ headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN with 300+ employees and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 420 healthcare organizations as clients, including a number of Blues plans, large regional health plans, and leading independent TPAs, handling over 500 million transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS has also invested meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results. SDS recently partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Smart Data Solutions is located in Eagan, MN. This is a hybrid position.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or another legally protected status.