Apply For Job
JMS and Associates, a Smart Data Solutions Company, is looking to the future. As a technology leader in healthcare process automation and interoperability, Smart Data Solutions (SDS), is a strategic partner that utilizes data and intelligent automation to digitally transform operations and deliver outcomes for clients – reducing costs, streamlining workflows, and improving the overall customer experience. Smart Data Solutions has ambitious growth plans for the next few years and is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to oversee our network and server infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing?
- Ticketing & Troubleshooting
- Respond to and work to resolve tickets in the IT Support ticketing queue
- Respond to and work to resolve tickets in the FTP Support ticketing queue
- Provision new laptops and workstations according to applicable roles and checklists
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure:
- Sufficient disk space is available on monitored volumes
- Monitored RAID systems are in good health
- SAN replication is executing as expected
- Database replication is current to all slave databases
- Web servers and balancing configurations are performing as expected
- Production-related software modules are performing as expected
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure:
- Development & Provisioning
- Develop new SDS software modules and utilities in order to support production, operations, and customer support
- Configure and deploy new server hardware and virtual servers
- Configure and deploy new storage hardware
- Create documentation for all hardware and software installation and configuration procedures
- Use existing documentation when performing procedures, and update if necessary
- Document results of general troubleshooting
- Perform regularly scheduled external backups of critical SDS resources
- Store backup disks in an off-site location and rotate
- Vulnerability Management and Security Configuration
- Remediate identified vulnerabilities in software applications, operating systems, and networking infrastructure
- Identify and remediate vulnerabilities in the QuickClaim web application, and other SDS web applications as needed
- Execute system hardening in accordance with hardening checklists and CIS profile scan results
- Suggest and implement new systems and configurations that enhance the security posture of SDS
- Remain up to date on the latest information security trends and methods
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for?
Education and Experience:
- 2-year or 4-year CS or IT-related degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operations Systems (Workstation and Server)
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems, MySQL database, Java, and Shell Scripting
Qualities and Behaviors:
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills
Why this is the company for you?
Top Benefits & Perks:
- Generous benefits include short-term disability as well as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future for your retirement
- Professional development and growth-oriented workplace
- Work-life balance with a competitive time off package; including paid volunteer time, PTO, holidays, and a floating day
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
Smart Data Solutions is a technology vendor that brings 22 years of healthcare experience using intelligence and automation to extract data from front-office mailroom operations. Today, the company is expanding out from its front office focus and targeting its open-source automation and AI engines toward the entire healthcare operations value chain. One of the key benefits of working with Smart Data Solutions is their specialized approach to data capture and automation. Smart Data Solutions takes a comprehensive approach to image and document processing, using multiple engines and hundreds of thousands of lines of code to ensure accuracy and make sense of data. Smart Data Solutions has also invested heavily in EDI interoperability, with clearinghouse capabilities that enable them to pivot towards providing value-added services. Using the data they have collected, they are able to offer population health insights to clients, helping them make informed decisions about their largest areas of spending and identifying potential opportunities for cost savings.
Smart Data Solutions’ global headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN with 400+ employees and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 500 healthcare organizations as clients, including multiple Blue Cross Blue Shield state plans, regional health plans, and TPAs, handling over 2 billion transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS plans to continue investments into meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results.
SDS has partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital Partners, and the Blue Venture Fund, a unique collaboration among Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Smart Data Solutions acquired JMS and Associates in Q3 of 2022. The combination of both SDS’ and JMS’ tech-enabled solutions will bring greater operational efficiency through automation to various markets across the healthcare industry. We are able to provide a greater product suite, allowing us to broaden the scope of our solutions to solve more business challenges for our clients and across the industry.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours as defined by the department manager.
This is a hybrid position at the Michigan office.
Smart Data Solutions is located in Eagan, MN.
JMS and Associates, A Smart Data Solutions Company, is located in Farmington Hills, MI.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal-opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or another legally protected status.