Apply For Job
As a technology leader, SDS fosters a technology-oriented culture across all departments within the organization. We are seeking hard-working, ambitious, problem-solving individuals who are interested in a fast-paced, demanding environment that provides opportunities for career growth.
What you’ll be doing?
- Design and implement new networks at remote offices
- Architect site-to-site VPNs
- Diagnose and resolve networking issues
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Cisco firewalls
- Cisco switches
Systems Architecture and Administration
- Design and implement new server architectures to meet the demands of a growing organization
- 80% Debian Linux
- 20% Windows
- Azure Active Directory
- High availability MySQL cluster administration
- High availability MS-SQL cluster administration
Web Server Administration
Disaster Recovery Management
- Manage and maintain a disaster recovery environment
- Re-architect the DR environment to reduce RTO, turning the DR environment from a cold site to a hot site
- Install new hardware in our colocation environment
- Mentor junior team members and develop talent
What we’re looking for?
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Previous experience with technologies listed in previous section
- Proficiency with Java
- Proficiency with Unix-like operating systems
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems
- Advanced proficiency in networking
- Advanced proficiency in MySQL database administration
- Knowledge of RAID storage technologies
- Knowledge of relational databases and binary replication
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Math Aptitude
- Time Management
Why this is the company for you?
Top Benefits & Perks:
- A company culture that is authentic and values teamwork, humility, and fairness! We work hard for our customers and have fun along the way!
- A professional development and growth-oriented workplace
- Generous benefits
- Work-life balance with competitive paid time off package
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
Smart Data Solutions is a technology vendor that brings 22 years of healthcare experience using intelligence and automation to extract data from front office mailroom operations. Today, the company is expanding out from its front office focus and targeting its open-source automation and AI engines toward the entire healthcare operations value chain. One of the key benefits of working with Smart Data Solutions is their specialized approach to data capture and automation. Smart Data Solutions takes a comprehensive approach to image and document processing, using multiple engines and hundreds of thousands of lines of code to ensure accuracy and make sense of data. Smart Data Solutions has also invested heavily in EDI interoperability, with clearinghouse capabilities that enable them to pivot towards providing value-added services. Using the data they have collected, they are able to offer population health insights to clients, helping them make informed decisions about their largest areas of spending and identifying potential opportunities for cost savings.
Smart Data Solutions’ global headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN with 400+ employees and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 500 healthcare organizations as clients, including multiple Blue Cross Blue Shield state plans, regional health plans and TPAs, handling over 2 billion transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS plans to continue investments into meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results.
SDS has partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital Partners, and the Blue Venture Fund, a unique collaboration among Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Position type and expected hours of work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m CST. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours as defined by the department manager.
Smart Data Solutions is located in Eagan, MN. This position is a hybrid position, with occasional work from home opportunities.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.