Apply For Job
As a technology leader in healthcare process automation and interoperability, Smart Data Solutions (SDS) is a strategic partner that utilizes data and intelligent automation to digitally transform operations and deliver outcomes for clients which reduces costs, streamlines workflows, and improves overall customer experience. Looking to the future, Smart Data Solutions has ambitious growth plans for the next few years and is currently seeking a Senior System Administrator to join our Systems team!
What you’ll be doing?
Monitoring & Reporting Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and report disk space usage on the following systems:
- All primary SAN volumes
- All database operating system volumes
- All database table space volumes or partitions
- All SafeClaim storage volumes
- Monitor and report on the health and performance of all RAID
- Monitor and report on the health and performance of SAN replication process between Minneapolis and Edina data centers.
- Monitor and report on the health and performance of database replication to all replication slaves
- Monitor and report on the health and performance of all Tomcat web servers
- Monitor and report on health of bandwidth in the data center
- Monitor and report on health of Virtual Host servers in the data center for CPU/Memory/Storage usage
- Monitor and report on the health and performance of the SmartZone OCR System
- Perform other monitoring and reporting duties as
Maintenance Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure sufficient disk space is available on monitored volumes:
- Replace disks
- Expand volumes
- Re-provision volumes
- Install new storage
- Delete unnecessary files
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that monitored RAID systems are in good health:
- Disk replacement
- Configuration updates
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that SAN replication is executing as
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that database replication is current to all slave databases.
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that all Tomcat web servers and balancing configurations are performing as expected.
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure that all production-related software modules are performing as expected.
- Perform other related maintenance duties as
Development & Provisioning Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new SDS software modules and utilities (as assigned) in order to support production and operations.
- Configure and deploy new server hardware and virtual servers:
- Operating system installation and configuration
- Software services installation and configuration
- Internet Mail/DNS/Domain controller servers
- RCM (Jobs) servers
- Tomcat web servers
- Cartouche (OCR) servers
- MySQL database servers
- SafeClaim Servers
- Other reporting and system support servers a needed
- Configure and deploy new storage hardware:
- SAN members
- Other storage resources
- Perform other related provisioning duties as assigned
Documentation Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create documentation for all hardware and software install and configuration
- If documentation for a procedure already exists, use it when performing procedures and update if necessary.
- Document the results of general troubleshooting in order to provide “lessons learned” for the future.
- Documentation should be created on the SDS Wiki
- Perform other related documentation duties as
Backup Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform regularly scheduled external backups of critical SDS resources, to be specified in a separate document.
- Store backup disks in off-site location and rotate appropriately
- Update backup log for each resource backed
- Perform other related backup duties as
What we’re looking for?
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Previous experience with technologies listed in previous section
- Proficiency with Java
- Proficiency with Unix-like operating systems
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems
- Advanced proficiency in networking
- Advanced proficiency in MySQL database administration
- Knowledge of RAID storage technologies
- Knowledge of relational databases and binary replication
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Math Aptitude
- Time Management
Why this is the company for you?
Top Benefits & Perks:
- A company culture that is authentic and values teamwork, humility, and fairness! We work hard for our customers and have fun along the way!
- A professional development and growth-oriented workplace
- Generous benefits
- Work-life balance with competitive paid time off package
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
Smart Data Solutions is a technology vendor that brings 22 years of healthcare experience using intelligence and automation to extract data from front office mailroom operations. Today, the company is expanding out from its front office focus and targeting its open-source automation and AI engines toward the entire healthcare operations value chain. One of the key benefits of working with Smart Data Solutions is their specialized approach to data capture and automation. Smart Data Solutions takes a comprehensive approach to image and document processing, using multiple engines and hundreds of thousands of lines of code to ensure accuracy and make sense of data. Smart Data Solutions has also invested heavily in EDI interoperability, with clearinghouse capabilities that enable them to pivot towards providing value-added services. Using the data they have collected, they are able to offer population health insights to clients, helping them make informed decisions about their largest areas of spending and identifying potential opportunities for cost savings.
Smart Data Solutions’ global headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN with 400+ employees and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 500 healthcare organizations as clients, including multiple Blue Cross Blue Shield state plans, regional health plans and TPAs, handling over 2 billion transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS plans to continue investments into meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results.
SDS has partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital Partners, and the Blue Venture Fund, a unique collaboration among Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
This position will be located in Chennai, India. Smart Data Solutions headquarters is located in Eagan, MN.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.