Apply For Job
Smart Data Solutions (SDS) is a technology leader in healthcare process automation and interoperability. A career at SDS is both challenging and rewarding. With over 500 colleagues across the globe, we’ve created an open and honest culture where we value constant learning and new ideas – no matter what role you’re in at SDS. We are passionate about our customers’ success and helping our colleagues grow and develop!
SDS seeks a results-driven professional that will supervise a team of dedicated resources working in an environment characterized as highly transactional and repetitive. This role will create and promote a collaborative environment of transparency, trust & mutual respect with full communication & delegation of responsibilities, where everyone feels motivated to perform at their best; establish and clearly communicate expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; delivers timely and thorough feedback concerning group and individual performance, including areas for improvement and development needs in which to help team members maximize opportunities to gain valuable skills that will translate into strong performance in current/future roles.
SDS celebrates expected results and behaviors through creative and spontaneous means; retains high performers through recognition of accomplishments and development/career opportunities; thus, securing the resources that drive the success of the organization.
This role will also facilitate, and support efforts designed to streamline/automate workflows and transactions, improve provider/client experiences, and proactively identify operational risks that may come with scaling business operations.
What will you be doing?
- Supervising a team of dedicated resources to ensure they are meeting service level agreements, monitoring inventory volume and trends, and identifying opportunities to improve productivity while maintaining high levels of client satisfaction
- Managing productivity and quality requirements by client and resource and addressing performance concerns
- Exhibiting ability and willingness to make prudent decisions that are timely, well researched, and reflect awareness of impact as well as provide support and reasoning for decisions.
- Demonstrating ability to effectively lead others in achieving stated duties and assignments,
- Demonstrating a positive example in leading team toward company goals and mission and recognize results.
- Establishing departmental and/or individual goals that are clear/concise and practical; Leading a performance-driven culture that inspires the department to exceed performance expectations
- Working to identify underlying performance issues among team members and deliver highly insightful feedback that drives immediate improvement, even when the message is extremely difficult to deliver
- Hosting monthly 1:1 sessions and giving balanced but candid commentary that highlights both strengths and opportunities for growth and development in which to help enhance team members skills and abilities
- Respectfully listening to others to gain a full understanding of issues; presenting information in a clear and concise manner verbal and written, ensuring recipients are easily able to consume and digest the information in which to contribute to proper execution of tasks and outcomes.
- Fostering team collaboration and address conflicts or issues within the team to perpetuate positive interactions by taking the necessary approach to remediate issues/concerns immediately
- Encouraging an open exchange of ideas and different points of view; supporting the team despite different points of view or setbacks; remaining candid even when the ideology or concept is unwelcomed or challenges status quo
- Providing information, assistance and/or other aid that helps to build or maintain effective and harmonious relationships/partnerships with team members, peers/colleagues inside or outside the organization to build a basis for future reciprocity.
- Hosting bi-weekly team meetings and/or as needed team stand ups to promote collaboration and ensure sufficient direction is provided timely and adequate communication exists
- Making yourself available/ visible via Zoom/Teams/Skype/Telecom etc. during core business hours which may be dictated by the location of the client being supported
- Performing other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in leading significant and diverse operations in the healthcare services industry
- 5+ years of experience, with demonstrated functional knowledge, process improvement initiatives
- 4+ years of experience in operations management
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other related business applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and competing demands
- Possess organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
Why this is the company for you?
- A company culture that is authentic and values teamwork, humility, and fairness! We work hard for our customers and have fun along the way!
- A professional development and growth-oriented workplace
- Generous benefits including, health, dental, vision and disability insurance
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years
- Work-life balance with competitive paid time off package; including vacation, holidays, and a floating day
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
For over 20 years, Smart Data Solutions has been partnering with leading payer organizations to provide automation and technology solutions enabling data standardization and workflow automation. The company brings a comprehensive set of turn-key services to handle all claims and claims-related information regardless of format (paper, fax, electronic), digitizing and normalizing for seamless use by payer clients. Solutions include intelligent data capture, conversion and digitization, mailroom management, comprehensive clearinghouse services and proprietary workflow offerings. SDS’ headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 420 healthcare organizations as clients, including multiple Blue Cross Blue Shield state plans, large regional health plans and leading independent TPAs, handling over 500 million transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS has also invested meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results.
SDS recently partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Smart Data Solutions is headquartered in Eagan, MN. This position has been approved for our remote work schedule.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status
Due to access to Protected Healthcare Information, employees in this role must be free of felony convictions on a b