Apply For Job
As a technology leader in healthcare process automation and interoperability, Smart Data Solutions (SDS) is a strategic partner that utilizes data and intelligent automation to digitally transform operations and deliver outcomes for clients which reduces costs, streamlines workflows, and improves overall customer experience. Looking to the future, Smart Data Solutions has ambitious growth plans for the next few years. We’re in pursuit of an experienced HR Manager to join our growing team. If you are passionate, collaborative, and results-driven, this is the company for you. You will wear several hats, be a thought leader, trusted advisor, a change agent, and a resilient team player.
What you’ll be doing?
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to the mailroom & data capture department on employee relations, policies & procedures, employee engagement, & development.
- Partner with leadership on implementing a high-performance culture via organizational design solutions and performance management.
- Administer and execute complex tasks in delicate circumstances, such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigations, and terminations.
- Lead and direct company benefits and leaves. Participate in benefit plan renewal discussions and assist in managing the annual Open Enrollment process.
- Participate in recommending, developing, and implementing HR policies and procedures.
- Proactively drive improvements to HR Infrastructure, change management, and company performance by providing organizational design and change expertise.
- Develop, implement, and assist with HR-related projects and collaborate with team members on special projects as needed.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Champion Smart Data Solutions’ inclusive culture, values, mission, and strategic growth plan.
- May assist the HR team with recruitment and onboarding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Why this is the company for you?
Top Benefits & Perks:
- A company culture that is authentic and values teamwork, humility, and fairness! We work hard for our customers and have fun along the way!
- A professional development and growth-oriented workplace
- Generous benefits including, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term, and long-term disability.
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years.
- Work-life balance with competitive paid time off package; including vacation, holiday, give back volunteer day, and a floating day.
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
Smart Data Solutions is a technology vendor that brings 22 years of healthcare experience using intelligence and automation to extract data from front office mailroom operations. Today, the company is expanding out from its front office focus and targeting its open-source automation and AI engines toward the entire healthcare operations value chain. One of the key benefits of working with Smart Data Solutions is their specialized approach to data capture and automation. Smart Data Solutions takes a comprehensive approach to image and document processing, using multiple engines and hundreds of thousands of lines of code to ensure accuracy and make sense of data. Smart Data Solutions has also invested heavily in EDI interoperability, with clearinghouse capabilities that enable them to pivot towards providing value-added services. Using the data they have collected, they are able to offer population health insights to clients, helping them make informed decisions about their largest areas of spending and identifying potential opportunities for cost savings.
Smart Data Solutions’ global headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN with 400+ employees and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 500 healthcare organizations as clients, including multiple Blue Cross Blue Shield state plans, regional health plans and TPAs, handling over 2 billion transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS plans to continue investments into meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results.
SDS has partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital Partners, and the Blue Venture Fund, a unique collaboration among Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Smart Data Solutions is located in Eagan, MN. Position will be hybrid (3 days per week in office).
Smart Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.